US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card Review
This is a
secured credit card
issued by US Bank.
If you're wondering whether US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 5000 points that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
- Annual fee waived the first year. US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card gives you the chance to have the card for a year without paying the $25 annual fee.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $5.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Accepts cosigners. US Bank is one of the few credit card issuers that allows applicants to include a cosigner. Adding a cosigner can really improve your approval chances if your credit is not great.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance, emergency support, extended warranty protection on purchases,
identity theft protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, and fraud protection.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still have good approval odds.
Pros & Cons of US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card
- Annual fee waived during the first year.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Extended warranty on purchases.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card is accepted.
- US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Charges an annual fee of $25
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card FAQ
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card have a cash back or rewards program?
US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card is a travel rewards card.
US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 5000 points signup bonus that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Support
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has higher than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $35
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $40
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card have a foreign transaction fee?
US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card?
The US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card customer service number is (800) 872-2657.
What is the support contact email for US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card?
The support contact email for US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card is email@example.com.
Does US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card
- Visit the US Bank LATAM Visa® Secured Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.