Bank of the West Classic Savings Account Review
Bank of the West Classic Savings Account is offered by Bank of the West,
founded in 1874 and based in San Francisco, CA.
Bank of the West Classic Savings Account is offered in
19 states across the USA.
Are savings accounts from Bank of the West federally insured?
Yes, your Bank of the West savings accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does Bank of the West offer?
Bank of the West Classic Savings Account offers an APY of 0.01% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
What features and perks does Bank of the West Classic Savings Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
Bank of the West Classic Savings Account Features
|Bank Account Features
- Automatic Savings
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Branch Access
- Check Images with Statement
- Fraud Monitoring
- Free Bill Pay
- Interest Bearing Account
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- No ATM Fees
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
- Automatic savings - Set up an automatic transfer from your checking account to a savings account and you'll never have to second-guess your saving decisions again.
- Check images with statement - Reconciling your accounts and complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks.
- Fraud monitoring - Bank of the West Classic Savings Account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to receive ebills directly to your account and pay them easily from your account.
What fees does Bank of the West Classic Savings Account charge?
Bank of the West Classic Savings Account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee. See the fee breakdown section below to view all fees.
However, you can waive the monthly fee if you have a minimum daily balance of $25. Avoid the monthly fee by setting up a direct deposit of at least $25.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $35 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $50 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- Bank of the West Classic Savings Account charges $3 every time you request a paper statement.
SUPERMONEY Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.