|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)||
|Minimum Opening Deposit||Starting at $1|
|Certificate Term||9 months|
Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD Review
Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD are offered by Blue Federal Credit Union, a credit union founded in 1951 and based in Cheyenne, WY. Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD are available in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Only one share certificate type available. Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD only offers bump up share certificate accounts.
- Very high annual percentage yield (APY). This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 5.10%, which is much higher than the national average for a certificate account.
- Small minimum initial deposit. You only need $1 to open an account.
- Limited selection of share certificate terms. Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD only offers one share certificate term. This limits your options when trying to set up a certificate ladder.
Pros & Cons of Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD
Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD FAQ
Are share certificates from Blue Federal Credit Union federally insured?
Yes, your share certificates are insured up to $250,000 per share owner for each account ownership category. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, administers the insurance fund and regulates federally insured credit unions. The fund is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
What is the difference between CDs and Share Certificates?
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Share Certificates are both deposit accounts where your money can grow at a fixed rate for a predetermined period of time. Both are low-risk and federally insured products designed to give you a better rate on your deposits than typical savings accounts. The main difference between them is that CDs are offered by for-profit banks, whereas Share Certificates are offered by member-owned, not-for-profit credit unions.
What types of share certificates does Blue Federal Credit Union offer?Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD provides the following types of share certificates.
- Traditional share certificates. These share certificates pay a fixed interest rate if you deposit a fixed amount of money for a specific term. Once the maturity date arrives, you have the option of cashing out or automatically renewing the share certificate for another term.
- Bump-up share certificates. Bump-up share certificates allow you to increase the interest rate you earn on your savings if the going interest rates rise. These share certificates are useful in a changing interest rate environment.
What rates does Blue Federal Credit Union offer on its share certificates?
The share certificate rates for this account have an APY of5.10% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). This is higher than the typical APY for online-only checking accounts, which is around 1.6% APY for 12-month CDs.
What terms does Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD offer?Blue Federal Credit Union offers share certificate terms of the following lengths:
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)||5.10%|
What is the minimum deposit to open a share certificate account with Blue Federal Credit Union?
Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD require a minimum deposit of $1 to open an account.
What is the grace period for Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD?
Blue Federal Credit Union No Penalty CD does not specify what their grace period is. A grace period is a period of time during which you can withdraw the money in your share certificate without paying an early withdrawal penalty. A grace period starts the day after a share certificate’s maturity date, or the final day a share certificate is opened. Standard share certificates renew automatically at the same term if you don't withdraw your money after the grace period. Note that the new share certificate rates probably won’t be the same as the original.
What types of fees, such as early withdrawal penalties, does Blue Federal Credit Union charge?
Financial institutions don't typically charge many fees on share certificates. However, most charge a fee if you choose to withdraw your money before the term ends.
Blue Federal Credit Union does not charge an early withdrawal fee.
Blue Federal Credit Union does charge any of the fees we track.
Other Services by Blue Federal Credit Union
Other CD Accounts by Blue Federal Credit Union
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia