Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance
in Flood Insurance from Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance CompanyUnaffiliated
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Flood Insurance from Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
Not enough votes for recommendation
Would you recommend Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Review
Where does Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance do business?
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Ridgeland, MS. The company was founded in 1947 and offers flood insurance in 9 states in the USA. Flooding is the number one natural disaster in the United States. According to FEMA floods cost Americans more than a billion dollars a year. However, standard homeowners insurance policies don't cover flood damage.
What types of coverage does Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance offer?
Flood insurance includes a variety of coverages. One of the best ways to saving money on your home insurance is to only pay for the coverage you need. There are two main types of flood insurance: policies offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and those provided by private companies, also known as excess flood coverage. Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance only offers federal flood insurance policies..
NFIP Flood Coverage: Flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam has two basic policies. One that covers the building property up to $250,000 and one that covers personal property up to $100,000.
- Dwelling Coverage: Also called dwelling insurance. This is the part of your flood insurance policy that helps pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home. Federal flood insurance has a maximum coverage of $250,000. If you have a mortgage, your lender may require you to apply for excess flood coverage.
- Personal Property Protection: This insurance protects the items in your home, like your furniture. If they're damaged or lost, personal property coverage could help you cover the cost of replacing them. Federal flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam maxes out at $100,000. If that doesn't cover the value of your personal property, consider buying excess flood coverage.
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their home insurance policies:
How can you save money on a Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance home insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the property-specific discounts currently available.
- Community Rating System: The National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements. Flood insurance premium rates of federal flood insurance policies are discounted to reflect the reduced flood risk resulting from the community actions.
- Flood Zone Designation: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) creates flood zone maps that estimate the risk of flooding.
- Freeboard (Property Elevation Above BFE): Homewoners who elevate their homes above the base flood elevations (BFEs) pay lower premiums. For example, adding a 2-foot elevation to a home could reduce your flood insurance premiums by more than $1,000 a year.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance.
What additional benefits does Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance offer?
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What is the financial strength rating of Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance scores an A or excellent, which is SuperMoney's second highest available score.
1800 E County Line Road
Ridgeland, MS 39157
- Visit Site
About Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
|Home and Renters Insurance Riders||Flood Coverage (Federal)|
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
|Home and Renters Insurance||