21st Century Flood Insurance
in Flood Insurance from 21st Century InsuranceUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
21st Century Flood Insurance Review
Where does 21st Century Flood Insurance do business?
21st Century Flood Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Wilmington, DE. The company was founded in 1958 and offers flood insurance in 46 states (and Washington, DC). Flooding is the number one natural disaster in the United States. According to FEMA floods cost Americans more than a billion dollars a year. However, standard homeowners insurance policies don't cover flood damage.
What types of coverage does 21st Century Flood Insurance offer?
Flood insurance includes a variety of coverages. One of the best ways to saving money on your home insurance is to only pay for the coverage you need. There are two main types of flood insurance: policies offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and those provided by private companies, also known as excess flood coverage. 21st Century Flood Insurance offers both types.
NFIP Flood Coverage: Flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam has two basic policies. One that covers the building property up to $250,000 and one that covers personal property up to $100,000.
Excess Flood Coverage: Some carriers offer this policy to homeowners who need more than the $250,000 of dwelling coverage offered by NFIP flood insurance. Excess flood coverage can also provide additional protection for valuables or expensive home upgrades not covered by standard flood insurance.
- Dwelling Coverage: Also called dwelling insurance. This is the part of your flood insurance policy that helps pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home. Federal flood insurance has a maximum coverage of $250,000. If you have a mortgage, your lender may require you to apply for excess flood coverage.
- Other Structures Coverage: This covers structures on the residence premises separated from the dwelling by a clear space or connected to the dwelling by a fence, utility line, or related connection. Examples include a detached garage, tool shed, driveway, swimming pool, gazebo, or fence.
- Personal Property Protection: This insurance protects the items in your home, like your furniture. If they're damaged or lost, personal property coverage could help you cover the cost of replacing them. Federal flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam maxes out at $100,000. If that doesn't cover the value of your personal property, consider buying excess flood coverage.
21st Century Flood Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their home insurance policies:
- Sewage and Drain Backup Coverage: This coverage helps you repair water damage from overflowing drains and sewers, broken sump pumps, and damage that results from water moving from the ground up.
- Valuable Items: Valuable personal property coverage protects items such as expensive collections, engagement rings, watches, and other jewelry from theft, loss, or damage.
How can you save money on a 21st Century Flood Insurance home insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with 21st Century Flood Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the property-specific discounts currently available.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with 21st Century Flood Insurance.
What additional benefits does 21st Century Flood Insurance offer?
21st Century Flood Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What is the financial strength rating of 21st Century Flood Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
21st Century Flood Insurance scores an A or excellent, which is SuperMoney's second highest available score.
3 Beaver Valley Road
Wilmington, DE 19803 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by 21st Century Insurance
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Home and Renters Insurance Riders||
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
|Home and Renters Insurance||