|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Ameriprise Flood Insurance Review
Ameriprise Flood Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Minneapolis, MN. The company was founded in 1894 and offers flood insurance in 33 states (and Washington, DC). Flooding is the number one natural disaster in the United States. According to FEMA floods cost Americans more than a billion dollars a year. However, standard homeowners insurance policies don't cover flood damage.
Ameriprise Flood Insurance FAQ
What types of coverage does Ameriprise Flood Insurance offer?
Flood insurance includes a variety of coverages. One of the best ways to saving money on your home insurance is to only pay for the coverage you need. There are two main types of flood insurance: policies offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and those provided by private companies, also known as excess flood coverage. Ameriprise Flood Insurance only offers federal flood insurance policies..
NFIP Flood Coverage: Flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam has two basic policies. One that covers the building property up to $250,000 and one that covers personal property up to $100,000.
- Dwelling Coverage: Also called dwelling insurance. This is the part of your flood insurance policy that helps pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home. Federal flood insurance has a maximum coverage of $250,000. If you have a mortgage, your lender may require you to apply for excess flood coverage.
- Other Structures Coverage: This covers structures on the residence premises separated from the dwelling by a clear space or connected to the dwelling by a fence, utility line, or related connection. Examples include a detached garage, tool shed, driveway, swimming pool, gazebo, or fence.
- Personal Property Protection: This insurance protects the items in your home, like your furniture. If they're damaged or lost, personal property coverage could help you cover the cost of replacing them. Federal flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam maxes out at $100,000. If that doesn't cover the value of your personal property, consider buying excess flood coverage.
Ameriprise Flood Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their home insurance policies:
- Valuable Items: Valuable personal property coverage protects items such as expensive collections, engagement rings, watches, and other jewelry from theft, loss, or damage.
How can you save money on a Ameriprise Flood Insurance home insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with Ameriprise Flood Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the property-specific discounts currently available.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Ameriprise Flood Insurance.
What additional benefits does Ameriprise Flood Insurance offer?
Ameriprise Flood Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
What is the financial strength rating of Ameriprise Flood Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
Ameriprise Flood Insurance scores an A or excellent, which is SuperMoney's second highest available score.
Other Services by Ameriprise
- New Mexico
- New York
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
|Home and Renters Insurance||
|Home and Renters Insurance Riders||
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
|Carrier Features||24/7 Phone Availability|