|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance Review
Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Boston, MA. The company was founded in 1912 and offers flood insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC). Flooding is the number one natural disaster in the United States. According to FEMA floods cost Americans more than a billion dollars a year. However, standard homeowners insurance policies don't cover flood damage.
Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance FAQ
What types of coverage does Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance offer?
Flood insurance includes a variety of coverages. One of the best ways to saving money on your home insurance is to only pay for the coverage you need. There are two main types of flood insurance: policies offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and those provided by private companies, also known as excess flood coverage. Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance only offers federal flood insurance policies..
NFIP Flood Coverage: Flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam has two basic policies. One that covers the building property up to $250,000 and one that covers personal property up to $100,000.
- Dwelling Coverage: Also called dwelling insurance. This is the part of your flood insurance policy that helps pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home. Federal flood insurance has a maximum coverage of $250,000. If you have a mortgage, your lender may require you to apply for excess flood coverage.
- Personal Property Protection: This insurance protects the items in your home, like your furniture. If they're damaged or lost, personal property coverage could help you cover the cost of replacing them. Federal flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Progam maxes out at $100,000. If that doesn't cover the value of your personal property, consider buying excess flood coverage.
Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their home insurance policies:
- Sewage and Drain Backup Coverage: This coverage helps you repair water damage from overflowing drains and sewers, broken sump pumps, and damage that results from water moving from the ground up.
- Yard and Garden Coverage: This endorsement offers expanded coverage for items like trees, landscaping, tools, and riding lawnmowers.
How can you save money on a Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance home insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the property-specific discounts currently available.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance.
What additional benefits does Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance offer?
Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What is the financial strength rating of Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
Liberty Mutual Flood Insurance scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
Message From Liberty Mutual
Other Services by Liberty Mutual
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Home and Renters Insurance||
|Home and Renters Insurance Riders||
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|