Certified Rate Home Loans
in Home Purchase Mortgages from Certified RateUnaffiliated
|Loan Term (Years)||Up to 30 years|
|Credit Score Range||680 - 850|
Certified Rate Home Loans Review
Certified Rate Home Loans is offered by Certified Rate (NMLS #1857498), a licensed broker founded in 2019 and based in Manhattan Beach, CA. Certified Rate Home Loans is available in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
- 4 different mortgage programs offered. Certified Rate Home Loans offers FHA, VA, jumbo, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Specializes in single-family homes. Only offers mortgages for single-family homes, but not for multi-family properties or manufactured homes.
- Standard interest rates types. Certified Rate Home Loans offers and fixed-rate mortgages.
- Primary and secondary homes considered. Investment homes, such as rental properties, do not qualify for financing. However, Certified Rate Home Loans does offer financing for primary and secondary homes (e.g. vacation properties).
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
- Good credit required. You will need a credit score of at least 680 to qualify.
What is the maximum loan term you can get with Certified Rate?
Certified Rate offers mortgages with a maximum term of 30 years. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your loan, the more interest you will pay.
What mortgage rates does Certified Rate offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
Does Certified Rate charge an application fee?
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
Yes, Certified Rate may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs are available?
Besides conventional mortgages, Certified Rate offers the following mortgage types:
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- Jumbo loans: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency ($548,250 as of 2021).
- VA loans: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses. VA loans offer competitive mortgage rates, and don't have a minimum credit score. However, the mortgage lenders that offer them will typically require a credit score of at least 640.
What property usage types does Certified Rate allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Certified Rate allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
What is the customer service phone number?
The customer service number for this business card is .
What is the support contact email?
The support contact email for this business credit card is email@example.com.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Credit Score Range||680 - 850|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Verification Documents Required||
|Loan Term||Up to 30 years|
|Interest Rate Types Offered||N/A|