FirstBank Money Market Checking Review
FirstBank Money Market Checking is offered by FirstBank,
founded in 1963 and based in Lakewood, CO.
FirstBank Money Market Checking is available in
3 states across the USA.
- Low APY. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.01.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $7, but the fee is waived if you keep a minimum balance of $500.
- $500 minimum deposit. This is a typical minimum initial deposit, but there are accounts that require a smaller initial deposit.
Pros & Cons of FirstBank Money Market Checking
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- Deposit checks remotely.
- No signup bonus.
- Only available in 3 states.
- Monthly service charge.
FirstBank Money Market Checking FAQ
Are money market accounts from FirstBank federally insured?
Yes, your FirstBank money market accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What are the interest rates for FirstBank Money Market Checking rates?
FirstBank Money Market Checking Rates and Terms
FirstBank Money Market Checking offers an APY of up to 0.01% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).However, to earn interest you must keep a balance of $500.
What are the fees for FirstBank Money Market Checking?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $7.
You can avoid this fee by maintaining a balance of $500.
FirstBank Money Market Checking Fees
||up to $7
|Paper Statement Fee
What is the minimum balance for FirstBank Money Market Checking?
Minimum deposit of $500. You must make an initial deposit of at least $500 to open this account.
Monthly maintenance fee waiver. You can avoid the monthly fee if you keep a balance of $500.
Interest rate minimum balance of $500. You must keep the account balance above $500 to earn interest.
What features and perks does FirstBank Money Market Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Check Writing - FirstBank Money Market Checking includes check writing privileges. This is convenient method to pay bills and transfer money from your account.
- Fraud monitoring - FirstBank monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Mobile Banking Services - FirstBank Money Market Checking allows you to manage your money through online banking and a dedicated mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
How to open an account with FirstBank
- Visit the FirstBank website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your name, Social Security Number and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.