Amegy Premier Credit Card Review
Amegy Premier Credit Card is a
cashback credit card
issued by Amegy Bank.
If you're wondering whether Amegy Premier Credit Card is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
a rewards rate of 3 points per dollar spent.
1.5 points for every dollar spent on everyday purchases. Terms and conditions apply.
This is higher than the average reward rate
(1 point per dollar spent) for everyday purchases.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 6 months , which is shorter than the average 0% APR period of 12 months.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 15000 points after spending $4,000 within 3 months that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- Competitive APRs. Amegy Premier Credit Card has a
that ranges from
up to 23.74%.
- Annual fee waived the first year. Amegy Premier Credit Card gives you the chance to have the card for a year without paying the $95 annual fee.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. Amegy Premier Credit Card charges a fee of up to 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost up to $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $5.
- $0 foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge foreign transaction fees, which makes a great credit card to carry with you when traveling abroad.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as access to a concierge,
travel accident insurance, travel assistance, trip cancellation insurance, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You should probably try with another card if your credit score is below 700.
Amegy Premier Credit Card Pros and Cons:
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 6 months.
- Annual fee waived during the first year.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Access to a concierge.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on every purchase.
- Earn rewards on every purchase.
- Amegy Premier Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges an annual fee of $95
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
Is there a Amegy Premier Credit Card cash back or rewards program?
Amegy Premier Credit Card is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchase as a cash reward.
With Amegy Premier Credit Card you receive 1.5% cash back on every purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $15 back in cash.
However, you can earn up to 3% for purchases in a bonus category.
Amegy Premier Credit Card Rewards
|Rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus ($)
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
|Signup Bonus Spend Period (months)
Does Amegy Premier Credit Card have a signup bonus?
Amegy Premier Credit Card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 15000 points signup bonus after spending $4000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does Amegy Premier Credit Card offer an annual loyalty bonus?
Amegy Premier Credit Card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Amegy Premier Credit Card benefits?
Amegy Premier Credit Card provides the following benefits:
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- ID Theft Protection
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Amegy Premier Credit Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
Amegy Premier Credit Card has lower than average purchase APRs.
Amegy Premier Credit Card has a
that ranges from
up to 23.74%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
that ranges from
up to 25.74%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does Amegy Premier Credit Card have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, Amegy Premier Credit Card offers an introductory APR rate on balance transfers of 0%
for a period of up to 6 months.
Amegy Premier Credit Card Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer APR
||15.74% - 25.74%
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period (months)
|Balance Transfer Fee %
|Balance Transfer Fee % After Intro Period
|Balance Transfer Fee Intro Period (days)
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
Does Amegy Premier Credit Card have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?
Amegy Premier Credit Card does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
Amegy Premier Credit Card Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)
What are the fees for Amegy Premier Credit Card?
The following fees apply to Amegy Premier Credit Card:
Amegy Premier Credit Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $35
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $35
Does Amegy Premier Credit Card have a foreign transaction fee?
Amegy Premier Credit Card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, this can save you hundreds of dollars in credit card fees when you travel out of the country.
Does Amegy Premier Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Amegy Premier Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and can help improve your credit.
How to apply for Amegy Premier Credit Card
- Visit the Amegy Premier Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- If you're denied click here to find out why your application may have been rejected and what you can do about it.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SUPERMONEY Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.