Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card Review
This is a
cashback credit card
issued by Amegy Bank.
If you're wondering whether Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
rewards rate of up to 3 reward points per dollar spent.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 6 months , which is shorter than the average 0% APR period of 12 months.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 50000 points after spending $5,000 within 3 months that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
that ranges from
up to 23.74%.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $5.
- No foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge a fee when you make a purchase that passes through a foreign bank, or is in a currency other than the U.S. dollar (USD), which makes it a great credit card to carry when traveling abroad.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as access to a concierge, emergency support,
identity theft protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, trip cancellation insurance, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 700.
Pros & Cons of Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 6 months.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Access to a concierge.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card is accepted.
- Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges an annual fee of $450
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card FAQ
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
You will receive 2% cash back on travel, dining, groceries, drugstore purchases, or any other purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $20 back in cash.
However, you can earn up to 3% for purchases in a bonus category.
Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
|Signup Bonus Spend Period (months)
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 50000 points signup bonus after spending $5000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Emergency Support
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
This card has higher than average regular APRs.
Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card has a
that ranges from
up to 23.74%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
that ranges from
up to 25.74%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 0%
for a period of up to 6 months.
Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
||15.74% - 25.74%
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card?
The following fees apply:
Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $35
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $35
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card have a foreign transaction fee?
This card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, avoiding foreign transaction fees can save you hundreds of dollars in fees when you travel out of the country.
What is the support contact email for Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card?
The support contact email for Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card is email@example.com.
How do people rate the customer service and user experience of Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card?
We currently don't have sufficient reviews to provide a reliable SuperMoney community rating for this product.
Does Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card
- Visit the Amegy Bank Reserve Visa Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.