Who is BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card Designed For?
The BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card is designed for people with good or excellent credit who want a no-hassle cash back rewards program with low rates and no annual fee. This card also offers a 12-month 0% APR introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers, which makes it a good option for people who carry a balance or are planning to make expensive purchases and can't pay them off immediately.
What are the Rates for BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card?
- The BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card has a 13.65% APR to 22.65% APR on purchases and balance transfers, depending on the creditworthiness of applicants. Cash advances do have a 23.65% APR but there is no penalty rate for cardholders who are late on their payments.
What Are the Fees for BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card Credit?
- The BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card doesn't have an annual fee. It does have a late payment fee of up to $38, but no returned payment fee or over-the-credit-limit fee. Balance transfers and cash advances incur a 3% fee ($10 minimum). Foreign transactions also come with a 3% fee, but without the $10 minimum.
What Is BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card's Rewards Program Like?
The BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card rewards program has a 1% cash back rewards program with a 3% cash back on all purchases made during the first three months. Members also receive a 5% anniversary bonus on the cash they earned during the year. The bonus rises to 30% in the case of cardholders who spend $50,000 or more during a given year. For instance, if a customer spends $3,000 in the first three months, she will receive a $90 cash back. If she spends an additional $9,000 during the rest of the year, her total cash back will amount to $189 ($9 from the 5% anniversary bonus). There is no limit on the number of points you can earn, which can be redeemed for gift cards, merchandise and travel as well as for cash back.
What about BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card's Signup Bonus?
The BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card doesn't have a conventional signup bonus but it does offer new customers a 3% cash back rate on all purchases made during the first 90 days, which can amount to a considerable cash bonus.
Does BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card Have Any Other Benefits?
The BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card has comparatively modest benefits but it does offer the basics, such as zero liability for unauthorized purchases and travel and emergency assistance services.
How Is BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card Better Than Other Credit Cards?
BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card offers competitive rates and a straightforward cash back rewards program without charging an annual fee. The rewards rate is low and it doesn't carry all the perks and benefits you get with other cards, but it's still a good option, particularly for those who can take advantage of the 12-month 0% APR intro rate.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. Permanent Resident
- Employed Full-Time
- Employed Part-Time
- Active Duty Military
- Military Dependent
- 1099 Misc. Income
- Direct Deposit (W2, SSA, SSDI)
- Payroll Check or Prepaid Card
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Support
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Fraud Liability
- Free Credit Score
- Identity Theft Protection
- Travel Assistance
- Every Purchase
BB&T Personal Credit Cards
Balance Transfer APR
Credit Score Range
Be the first to rate