City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card Review
This is a
issued by City Bank.
If you're wondering whether City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 6 months , which is shorter than the average 0% APR period of 12 months.
- Competitive APRs. City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card has a
- $0 Balance transfer fee. This card does not charge a fee on balance transfers, if you transfer the balance within 180 days of opening the account.
After the introductory period, the fee is 1%.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 1.5% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance, extended warranty protection on purchases,
identity theft protection, price protection, and fraud protection.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval oods if your credit score is above600.
Pros & Cons of City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 6 months.
- No balance transfer fee, if you transfer the balance within 180 days.
After the intro period, the fee is 1% with a minimum of $10.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Extended warranty and price protection on purchases.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Charges an annual fee of $99
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 1.5%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card FAQ
Does City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Zero fraud liability
- Price Protection
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 0%
for a period of up to 6 months.
City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Fee % After Intro Period
|Balance Transfer Fee Intro Period
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $35
|Late Payment Fee
Does City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card have a foreign transaction fee?
City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 1.5%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $30. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card?
The City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card customer service number is (806) 792-7101.
Does City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card
- Visit the City Bank Low Rate Platinum Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.