Best Of Product
DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit CardUnaffiliated
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at +100 if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100 when no one recommends.
Explore a similar productTry this top product in Credit Cards.
DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card Review
This is a secured credit card credit card issued by Digital Federal Credit Union. If you're wondering whether DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card is the right card for you, read on.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance card. It gives you the benefits of a credit card, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- No foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge a fee when you make a purchase that passes through a foreign bank, or is in a currency other than the U.S. dollar (USD), which makes it a great credit card to carry when traveling abroad.
- Accepts cosigners. Digital Federal Credit Union is one of the few credit card issuers that allows applicants to include a cosigner. Adding a cosigner can really improve your approval chances if your credit is not great.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still have relatively good approval odds.
Pros & Cons of DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card
|The Good||The Bad|
DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card FAQ
Does DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card?According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance. This card has lower than average regular APRs.
DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card has a variable purchase APR starting at 11.50% . The card has a variable balance transfer APR starting at 11.50% . It also has a variable cash advance APR starting at 11.50% . Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 18% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0%|
|Late Payment Fee||up to $35|
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost card.
Does DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card have a foreign transaction fee?This card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, avoiding foreign transaction fees can save you hundreds of dollars in fees when you travel out of the country.
What is the customer service phone number for DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card?
The DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card customer service number is (800) 328-8797.
What is the support contact email for DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card?
The support contact email for DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card is firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card login page?
You can access the DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card login page here.
How do people rate the customer service and user experience of DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card?
Overall, DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card is strongly recommended based on community reviews that rate customer service and user experience.
Does DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card
- Visit the DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
Other Services by Digital Federal Credit Union
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Cash Advance Fee Minimum||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee (%)||0%|
|Minimum Cash Advance Fee ($)||$0|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||0%|
|No Annual Fee|
|No Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Minimum Interest Charge||$0|
|No Interest Grace Period for Late Payment||25 days|
|Late Fee Amount||Up to $35|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Immigration Status Considered||
|Credit Score Range||300 - 640|
|Credit Bureau Reporting||
|Credit Card Benefits||
|Rewards Type||No Rewards|
|Cash Advance APR (Variable APR)||Starting at 11.50%|
|APR Type||Variable APR|
|Balance Computation||average daily balance (including new purchases).|
|Penalty APR (Variable APR)||18%|
|Purchase APR (Variable APR)||Starting at 11.50%|
|Balance Transfer APR (Variable APR)||Starting at 11.50%|
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum||$0|
|Balance Transfer Fee %||0%|
DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card Community Reviews
Would you recommend DCU Visa Platinum® Secured Credit Card to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE