OpenSky Secured VisaClaimed
in Personal Credit Cards from Capital Bank
Would you recommend OpenSky Secured Visa to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
OpenSky Secured Visa Review
OpenSky Secured Visa is a secured credit card credit card issued by Capital Bank. If you're wondering whether OpenSky Secured Visa is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a variable purchase APR of 18.89%
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still qualify.
OpenSky Secured Visa Pros and Cons:
|The Good||The Bad|
Is there a OpenSky Secured Visa cash back or rewards program?
No, OpenSky Secured Visa does not offer a rewards program.
What are the OpenSky Secured Visa benefits?
OpenSky Secured Visa provides the following benefits:
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for OpenSky Secured Visa?According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance. OpenSky Secured Visa has higher than average purchase APRs.
OpenSky Secured Visa has a variable purchase APR of 18.89%. It also has a variable cash advance APR of 18.89% .
Does OpenSky Secured Visa have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?No, OpenSky Secured Visa does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does OpenSky Secured Visa have an introductory APR offer on new purchases??OpenSky Secured Visa does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)||N/A|
What are the OpenSky Secured Visa fees?
The following fees apply to OpenSky Secured Visa:
- There is no overlimit fee
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Returned Payment Fee||up to $25|
|Late Payment Fee||up to $38|
Does OpenSky Secured Visa have a foreign transaction fee?OpenSky Secured Visa charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does OpenSky Secured Visa report your account activity to credit bureaus?
OpenSky Secured Visa reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and can help improve your credit score.
How to apply for OpenSky Secured Visa
- Visit the OpenSky Secured Visa website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- If you're denied click here to find out why your application may have been rejected and what you can do about it.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|No Interest Grace Period for Late Payment||25 days|
|Paper Statement Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee Minimum||$6|
|Cash Advance Fee (%)||Up to 5%|
|Minimum Cash Advance Fee ($)||Starting at $6|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||3%|
|Minimum Interest Charge||$1|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $25|
|Late Fee Amount||Up to $38|
|Supported Income Types||
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Immigration Status Considered||
|Credit Score Range||
300 - 700
|Credit Bureau Reporting||
|Credit Card Benefits||Fraud Liability|
|Rewards Type||No Rewards|
|Security Deposit||$200 - $3,000|
|Cash Advance APR (Variable APR)||18.89%|
|Balance Computation||average daily balance (including new purchases).|
|Purchase APR (Variable APR)||18.89%|