Pennsylvania State Employees CU Saving Account Review
Pennsylvania State Employees CU Saving Account is offered by The Pennsylvania State Employees CU,
a credit union
founded in 1997 and based in Harrisburg, PA.
Pennsylvania State Employees CU Saving Account is available in
50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Higher than average APY. Pennsylvania State Employees CU Saving Account has an annual percentage yield of up to 0.05%, which is higher than the average interest rate for savings accounts.
- $0 monthly fee. This account does not charge a monthly Service Charge.
- Small minimum initial deposit. You only need $5 to open an account.
- No ATM fees. Pennsylvania State Employees CU Saving Account does not charge fees on ATM transactions.
- ATM fee rebates. This account will reimburse you for ATM fees (see terms and conditions for details).
PSECU savings account Pros & Cons
- Available in all 50 states.
- Dividend-yielding account
- Insured by NCUA.
- Access to physical branches.
- No signup bonus.
- Does not come with a debit card
PSECU savings account FAQ
Are savings accounts from The Pennsylvania State Employees CU federally insured?
Yes, your The Pennsylvania State Employees CU savings accounts are insured up to $250,000 per share owner for each account ownership category. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, administers the insurance fund and regulates federally insured credit unions. The fund is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
Does The Pennsylvania State Employees CU offer a signup bonus?
PSECU savings account doesn't offer a signup bonus.
What is the minimum initial deposit for PSECU savings account?
The minimum deposit to open a PSECU savings account is $5.
Pennsylvania State Employees CU Saving Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $5
|Minimum Required Balance
What APY does The Pennsylvania State Employees CU offer?
PSECU savings account offers an APY of 0.05% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
The interest rate on a savings account or checking account can change based, in part, on what the Federal Reserve does. Note that the APY of a savings account is the amount of interest you will earn if you keep your money in the account for a full year expressed as a percentage. The difference between an APY and an interest rate is that the APY takes into account how often your money earns interest (or compounds). The more often your money compounds, the more it will earn. Savings accounts with an interest rate that compounds daily, for example, will earn a higher return (and therefore a higher APY) than savings accounts that compound annually.
What fees does PSECU savings account charge?
PSECU savings account does not charge a monthly service fee. See the fee breakdown section below to view all fees.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $10 fee.
- PSECU savings account charges $5 every time you request a paper statement.
What features and perks does PSECU savings account offer?
This savings account includes the following features:
- ATM reimbursement - This account provides ATM access and will reimburse you for the ATM fees charged by other networks.
- Fraud monitoring - PSECU savings account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location, or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Mobile Banking Services - PSECU savings account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
Can you set up a direct deposit to PSECU savings account?
In most cases, the answer is yes. However, it depends on the direct deposit program your employer uses. Most direct deposit programs allow you to send your paycheck to a savings or checking account. In some cases, you can even split your paycheck between the two.
What is the customer support email for PSECU savings account?
The customer support email for PSECU savings account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.