American National Umbrella Insurance
in Umbrella Insurance from American National Insurance CompanyUnaffiliated
American National Umbrella InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Umbrella Insurance from American National Insurance Company
Not enough votes for recommendation
Would you recommend American National Umbrella Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
American National Umbrella Insurance Review
Umbrella insurance is another name for liability insurance. It is designed to protect your assets when you are hit with a lawsuit judgment. Another name for it is "excess liability coverage." Umbrella insurance policies protect you when the liability coverage of your auto insurance, home insurance, or boat insurance is insufficient.
Does American National Insurance Company offer an umbrella insurance policy?
Yes, American National Insurance Company offers policyholders an umbrella insurance policy. Read below how American National Insurance Company compares to other insurance carriers
How does a American National Insurance Company umbrella insurance work?
Let's say you are at fault in a serious car accident. The cost of the damages is $500K. However, your auto insurance liability coverage limit is $300k. If you have an umbrella insurance, it will kick in so you don't have to pay the balance out-of-pocket after your auto insurance policy maxes out.
Where does American National umbrella policy do business?
American National umbrella policy is an insurance carrier based in Galveston, TX. The insurance company was founded in 1905 and offers umbrella coverage policies in 45 states in the USA.
What types of umbrella insurance policies does American National umbrella policy offer?
American National umbrella policy provides the following protections:
- Serious bodily injury liability -- Say a guest falls on your property and requires surgery. The cost may exceed your homeowners insurance liability limits.
- Landlord liability -- If a tenant sues you for damages while renting your property and the cost exceeds the liability limits provided by your specialty homeowners insurance.
- Property damage -- Your umbrella insurance policy also helps if you are at fault in an auto insurance accident and the damages exceed your auto insurance liability limits.
- Slander or libel -- Umbrella coverage can also provide coverage if you are sued for something you wrote or said.
- Malicious prosecution -- If you are counter-sued for wrongfully prosecuting someone, you can be left holding an expensive legal bill that a personal umbrella policy can cover.
What minimum liability coverage does American National Insurance Company require before approving an umbrella insurance policy?Most insurers will not allow you to buy an umbrella insurance policy unless you first purchase a substantial amount of liability coverage on your homeowners and car insurance policies. American National Insurance Company requires you to have at least $250,000 in liability insurance before they will grant you an umbrella insurance policy.
What level of liability coverage can you get with American National umbrella policy?Most insurance companies set a minimum of $1 million in coverage.
American National Insurance Company does not provide details on its liability coverage limits.
How much does American National Insurance Company umbrella insurance cost?
The cost of your umbrella insurance policy will vary depending on your risk profile. Your umbrella coverage premium will probably range between $150 and $300 per year.
Your risk profile depends on factors like your net worth, where you live, your credit history, and your driving record. Owning a dog or vehicles that could damage others, such as a jet-ski or a snowmobile, can also increase your policy premium.
Does American National Insurance Company offer policy discounts on their umbrella insurance policies?
American National Insurance Company offers the following discounts.
|Supported Options||Unsupported Options|
Insurance companies add and change the discounts they offer regularly. Check whether you qualify for any other discounts when you apply.
What is the financial strength rating of American National umbrella policy?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and umbrella insurance policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
American National umbrella policy scores an A or excellent financial strength rating, which is SuperMoney's second highest available score.
How to apply for American National Insurance Company umbrella insurance?
- Visit the American National Insurance Company website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, annual income, and source of employment.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
Other Services by American National Insurance Company
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia