American National Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from American National Insurance CompanyUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
American National Auto Insurance Review
Where does American National Auto Insurance do business?
American National Insurance Company is an insurance carrier based in Galveston, TX. The company was founded in 1905 and offers auto insurance in 42 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether American National Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does American National Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does American National Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. American National Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
American National Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most car insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does American National Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, American National Insurance Company offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does American National Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, American National Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does American National Auto Insurance offer?
American National Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
How does American National Insurance Company calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and American National Insurance Company is no exception. However, you can be confident that American National Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does American National Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a American National Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the American National Insurance Company website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
One Moody Plaza
Galveston, TX 77550 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by American National Insurance Company
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend American National Auto Insurance to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at 100% if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100% when no one recommends.