State Auto - Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from State Auto Insurance CompaniesUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A-|
State Auto - Auto Insurance Review
State Auto Insurance Companies is an insurance carrier based in Columbus, OH. The company was founded in 1921 and offers auto insurance in 38 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether State Auto - Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
What types of auto insurance coverage does State Auto - Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. State Auto - Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
State Auto - Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does State Auto - Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, State Auto Insurance Companies offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does State Auto - Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, State Auto - Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does State Auto - Auto Insurance offer?
State Auto - Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
How does State Auto Insurance Companies calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and State Auto Insurance Companies is no exception. However, you can be confident that State Auto - Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does State Auto - Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a State Auto - Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the State Auto Insurance Companies website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
518 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by State Auto Insurance Companies
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||A-|
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend State Auto - Auto Insurance to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at 100% if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100% when no one recommends.