Northstar CU Checking Account Review
Northstar CU Checking Account is offered by Northstar Credit Union,
a credit union
founded in 1971 and based in Warrenville, IL.
Northstar CU Checking Account is available in
1 state across the USA.
- Very high APY. This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 3%, which is much higher than the average for a checking account.
- $0 monthly Service Charge available. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $5.
- No minimum initial deposit. There is no minimum balance required to open an account.
- ATM fee rebates. This account will reimburse you for ATM fees (see terms and conditions for details).
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through Northstar Credit Union.
Northstar Credit Union Pros & Cons
- Monthly service fee waived (see terms for requirements).
- High-interest yield.
- Insured by NCUA.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Not FDIC-insured.
- Only available in one state.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
Northstar Credit Union FAQ
Are checking accounts from Northstar Credit Union federally insured?
No, your Northstar Credit Union checking accounts are not insured by a federal insurance agency. This means that if Northstar Credit Union were to fall into financial difficulties, your deposits are not covered by a government backed insurance fund like the FDIC or NCUSIF.
What APY does Northstar Credit Union offer?
Northstar Credit Union offers an APY starting at 0.1% and ranging up to 3% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
Northstar Credit Union Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.1% - 3%
What are the account minimums for Northstar Credit Union?
Northstar Credit Union does not require a minimum initial deposit.
Northstar CU Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $0
What fees does Northstar Credit Union charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
Northstar CU Checking Account Fees
||$0 - $5
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $0
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Early Account Closure
Does Northstar Credit Union charge overdraft fees?
Yes, Northstar Credit Union charges a $30 fee for every overdraft.
What features and perks does Northstar Credit Union offer?
This account includes the following features:
- ATM rebates - This account will reimburse you for any domestic ATM fees.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - Northstar Credit Union allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What is the customer support email for Northstar Credit Union?
The customer support email for Northstar Credit Union is email@example.com.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.