Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans
in Home Purchase Mortgages from Members 1st Credit UnionUnaffiliated
Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage LoansUnaffiliated
in Home Purchase Mortgages from Members 1st Credit Union
Not enough votes for recommendation
Would you recommend Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Loan Amount||Starting at $50,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||10 - 30 years|
Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans Review
Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans is offered by Members 1st Credit Union (NMLS #419964), a credit union founded in 1936 and based in Redding, CA. Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans is available in 1 state across the USA.
- 4 different mortgage programs offered. Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans offers FHA, VA, jumbo, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Specializes in single-family homes. Only offers mortgages for single-family homes, but not for multi-family properties or manufactured homes.
- Standard interest rates types. Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans offers adjustable-rate mortgages and fixed-rate mortgages.
- Primary and secondary homes considered. Investment homes, such as rental properties, do not qualify for financing. However, Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans does offer financing for primary and secondary homes (e.g. vacation properties).
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
- No origination fee. Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans does not charge a fee for processing your loan application.
- Maximum LTV. Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans has a maximum loan to value ratio of 80%.
- Good credit required. You will need a credit score of at least 680 to qualify.
What is the maximum loan term you can get with Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans?
Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans offers mortgages with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your loan, the more interest you will pay.
What mortgage rates does Members 1st Credit Union offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans offers home loans with APRs starting at 2.99% .
Does Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans charge an application fee?
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
No, Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans does not charge a mortgage origination fee.
Some lenders charge an origination fee for processing, underwriting, and funding a mortgage. Typically fees range from 0.5% to 5% of the loan amount. Whenever possible, go with lenders that don’t charge origination fees.
What mortgage programs are available?
Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- Jumbo loans: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency ($548,250 as of 2021).
- VA loans: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses. VA loans offer competitive mortgage rates, and don't have a minimum credit score. However, the mortgage lenders that offer them will typically require a credit score of at least 640.
What property usage types does Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Members 1st Credit Union Mortgage Loans allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
P.O. Box 492395
Redding, CA 96049
- Visit Site
Other Services by Members 1st Credit Union
|No Origination Fee|
|Origination Fee ($)||$0|
|Origination Fee (%)||0%|
|Late Fee Amount||Starting at $10|
|Late Fee Grace Period||10 days|
|Credit Score Range||680 - 850|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Intended Use||Primary Home|
|Joint Loan Applications Accepted||
|Minimum Down Payment||Starting at 20%|
|Verification Documents Required||
|APR||Starting at 2.99%|
|Loan Amount||Starting at $50,000|
|Loan Term||10 - 30 years|
|Interest Rate Types Offered||