|Financial Strength Rating||A-|
Lemonade Auto Insurance Review
Lemonade Inc. is a car insurance carrier based in New York, NY. The insurance company was founded in 2015 and offers car insurance in 3 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether Lemonade Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
What are the minimum and maximum liability coverage options available?
Policyholders can request a liability coverage of $25,000 to $500,000.
What is the minimum and maximum deductible you can choose for a policy?
Adding a deductible to your insurance policy can reduce your premium. Lemonade Auto Insurance offers deductibles of $250 to $2,000
What types of car insurance coverage options does Lemonade Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about car insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage options. Lemonade Auto Insurance offers the following types of car insurance coverage options:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most insurance policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Lemonade Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their insurance policies:
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most car insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Lemonade Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, Lemonade Inc. offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Lemonade Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, Lemonade Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does Lemonade Auto Insurance offer?
Lemonade Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Free Policy Cancellation: No cancellation fees for ending your policy early.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What insurance discounts does Lemonade Auto Insurance offer?When you ask for an insurance quote with Lemonade Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the insurance discounts you qualify for. These are the insurance discounts currently available that are specific to car insurance.
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid: For some reason, possibly because they drive fewer miles, people who own hybrids or alternative fuel vehicles pose a lower insurance risk. If your car is green, make sure you earn the rewards.
- Telematics Device (Usage-Based Insurance): You can qualify for an insurance discount if you agree to install a sensor that records your driving habits.
Want more insurance discounts? Check the insurance discounts tab for a full list of general policy insurance discounts you can qualify for with Lemonade Auto Insurance.
Ways to pay my Lemonade Auto InsuranceLemonade Inc. allows policyholders to pay their premiums using the following methods:
- Automatic Payments
- Credit/Debit Card
How does Lemonade Inc. calculate insurance rates?
Car insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Lemonade Inc. is no exception. However, you can be confident that Lemonade Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Lemonade Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, a car insurance company will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, a car insurance company is not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of car insurance companies that base their insurance rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Lemonade Auto Insurance insurance quote
- Visit the Lemonade Inc. website.
- Fill out the insurance online quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
Message From Our Editor
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Max/Min Deductibles||$250 - $2,000|
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Min/Max Liability Coverage||$25,000 - $500,000|
|Financial Strength Rating||A-|
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend Lemonade Auto Insurance to your friends?