|Financial Strength Rating||B+|
PEMCO Auto Insurance Review
PEMCO is a car insurance carrier based in Seattle, WA. The insurance company was founded in 1949 and offers car insurance in 2 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether Pemco car insurance is a good option for you, read on.
What types of car insurance coverage options does Pemco car insurance offer?
Although we often talk about car insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage options. Pemco car insurance offers the following types of car insurance coverage options:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most insurance policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Pemco car insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their insurance policies:
- Accident Forgiveness: PEMCO offers accident forgiveness, which excuses your first accident. This means no insurance rate increase, even if it's your fault.
- Transportation Network Company or ride-sharing coverage: Standard car insurance policies don't provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft. This endorsement covers this gap.
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most car insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy is designed for people who drive a vehicle they don't own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their personal vehicles for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover rental vehicles.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Pemco car insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, PEMCO offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Pemco car insurance offer ridesharing insurance?Ridesharing coverage available. : Yes, Pemco car insurance offers ridesharing insurance to policyholders as a rider or endorsement. Standard car insurance policies don't provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft.
What benefits does Pemco car insurance offer?
Pemco car insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What insurance discounts does Pemco car insurance offer?When you ask for an insurance quote with Pemco car insurance, make sure you ask for all the insurance discounts you qualify for. These are the insurance discounts currently available that are specific to car insurance.
- Internal Safety Features: Pemco car insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger an inurance discount.
- Low Annual Mileage: If you don't put many miles on your car (typically under 15,000 miles a year) you may qualify for an insurance discount.
- New Vehicle: If you buy a current year or previous year model, you will qualify for an insurance discount on your premium.
Want more insurance discounts? Check the insurance discounts tab for a full list of general policy insurance discounts you can qualify for with Pemco car insurance.
How does PEMCO calculate insurance rates?
Car insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and PEMCO is no exception. However, you can be confident that Pemco car insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Pemco car insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, a car insurance company will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, a car insurance company is not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of car insurance companies that base their insurance rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Pemco car insurance insurance quote
- Visit the PEMCO website.
- Fill out the insurance online quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
Message From PEMCO
Other Services by PEMCO
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||B+|
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend PEMCO Auto Insurance to your friends?