First Bank and Trust of Texas Free Checking Review
First Bank and Trust of Texas Free Checking is offered by Heartland Financial USA Inc,
a nonbank financial services provider
founded in 1981 and based in Dubuque, IA.
First Bank and Trust of Texas Free Checking is available in
1 state across the USA.
- 0% APY. As with most checking accounts, First Bank and Trust of Texas Free Checking does not pay interest.
- $0 monthly fee. This account does not charge any monthly account fees.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through Heartland Financial USA Inc.
FirstBank and Trust checking account Pros & Cons
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- No signup bonus.
- Does not earn interest
- Does not provide access to a nationwide ATM network.
- Only available in one state.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Charges a higher than average fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
FirstBank and Trust checking account FAQ
Are checking accounts from Heartland Financial USA Inc federally insured?
Yes, your deposits are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does FirstBank and Trust checking account offer?
FirstBank and Trust checking account is not an interest-bearing account.
What are the account minimums for FirstBank and Trust checking account?
FirstBank and Trust checking account requires a minimum initial deposit of $25 to open an account.
First Bank and Trust of Texas Free Checking Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $25
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
||Starting at $0
What fees does FirstBank and Trust checking account charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
First Bank and Trust of Texas Free Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $2.50
|Bank Teller Fee
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Check Cashing Fee
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Early Account Closure
Does FirstBank and Trust checking account charge overdraft fees?
Yes, FirstBank and Trust checking account charges a $35 fee for every overdraft.
You can get overdraft protection at a cost of $10 per transaction.
What features and perks does FirstBank and Trust checking account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - FirstBank and Trust checking account monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - FirstBank and Trust checking account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
What is the customer support email for FirstBank and Trust checking account?
The customer support email for FirstBank and Trust checking account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.