UBS Bank USA Checking Account Review
UBS Bank USA Checking Account is offered by UBS Bank USA,
founded in 1862 and based in Salt Lake City, UT.
UBS Bank USA Checking Account is available in
50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Higher than average APY. UBS Bank USA Checking Account has an annual percentage yield of up to .25%, which is higher than the national average interest rate on savings accounts.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $95.
- Large minimum initial deposit. You need a minimum deposit of $5,000 to open an account. This is a relatively large minimum initial deposit when compared to the other accounts that we track.
- No ATM fees. UBS Bank USA Checking Account does not charge fees on ATM transactions.
UBS checking account Pros & Cons
- Available in all 50 states.
- Interest-yielding account.
- Free debit card
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
UBS checking account FAQ
Are checking accounts from UBS Bank USA federally insured?
Yes, your UBS Bank USA checking accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does UBS checking account offer?
UBS checking account offers an APY starting at .01% and ranging up to .25% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
UBS checking account Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||.01% - .25%
What are the account minimums for UBS checking account?
UBS checking account requires a minimum initial deposit of $5,000 to open an account.
UBS Bank USA Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $5,000
What fees does UBS checking account charge?
This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $95.
UBS Bank USA Checking Account Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Early Account Closure
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
||$0 - $95
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $0
Does UBS checking account charge overdraft fees?
Yes, UBS checking account charges a $15 fee for every overdraft.
What features and perks does UBS checking account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Mobile Banking Services - UBS checking account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What is the customer support email for UBS checking account?
The customer support email for UBS checking account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.