Would you recommend Lemonade to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does Lemonade do business?
Lemonade is an insurance carrier based in New York, NY. The company was founded in 2015 and offers home insurance in 19 states (and Washington, DC).
What is the financial strength rating of Lemonade?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
Lemonade scores an A-. Insurance companies with this score show an excellent ability to cover their insurance responsibilities.
What types of coverage does Lemonade offer?
Home insurance includes a wide range of coverages. One of the best ways to saving money on your home insurance is to only pay for the coverage you need. Lemonade offers the following types of home insurance coverage:
- Dwelling Coverage: Also called "dwelling insurance." This is the part of your homeowner's insurance policy that helps pay for the rebuilding or the repair of the physical structure of your home if it's damaged by a covered hazard.
- Guest Medical Protection: This helps visitors who are injured on your property. It can help cover the necessary medical expenses in an accident, regardless of who's at fault. Medical expenses covered usually include costs like ambulance rides, X-rays, surgical procedures, and hospital stays. Note that guest medical coverage doesn't apply to anyone who lives in the home or is listed on your policy.
- Liability Coverage: The personal liability coverage within your homeowner's policy offers coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others for which you or covered residents of your household are legally responsible.
- Other Structures Coverage: This covers structures on the residence premises separated from the dwelling by a clear space or connected to the dwelling by a fence, utility line, or related connection. Examples include a detached garage, tool shed, driveway, swimming pool, gazebo, or fence.
- Personal Property Protection: This insurance protects the items in your home, like your furniture. If they're damaged or lost, personal property coverage could help you cover the cost of replacing them.
- Reimbursed Living Expenses: This coverage reimburses the insured for the cost of maintaining a comparable standard of living following a covered loss that exceeds the insured's normal expenses. For example, it could include an insured's motel bill while fire damage to the home is being repaired or replaced or until the insured moves to a permanent residence.
Lemonade customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their home insurance policies:
- Earthquake Coverage: This covers some of the losses and damage that earthquakes can cause to your home, belongings, and other buildings on your property.
- Valuable Items: Valuable personal property coverage protects items such as expensive collections, engagement rings, watches, and other jewelry from theft, loss, or damage.
How can you save money on a Lemonade home insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with Lemonade, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the property-specific discounts currently available.
- Alarm System
- Recent Home Improvements / New Roof
- Home Monitoring System
- Smoke Detectors
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Lemonade.
LEMONADE Disclosure: * Subject to board discretion and the company meeting certain financial standards. Insurance provided by Lemonade Insurance Company, 5 Crosby St., 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10013
Lemonade Insurance Agency (LIA) is acting as the agent of Lemonade Insurance Company in selling this insurance policy. It receives compensation based on the premiums for the insurance policies it sells. Further information is available upon request.
SUPERMONEY Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. Read more...
- Washington, DC
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
|Home and Renters Insurance Riders||
|Financial Strength Rating||
|Reimbursed Living Expenses|
|Home and Renters Insurance||