|Loan Amount||Starting at $50,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||10 - 30 years|
|Credit Score Range||Starting at 680|
Louisiana Federal Home Loans Review
Louisiana Federal Home Loans is offered by louisiana federal credit union (NMLS #414399), a credit union founded in 1935 and based in LaPlace, LA. louisiana home loans are available in 1 state across the USA.
- 3 different mortgage programs offered. Louisiana Federal Home Loans offers FHA, VA, jumbo, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Specializes in multi-family properties. Only offers mortgages for multi-family properties, but not for single-family homes or manufactured homes.
- Considers personal use and investment properties. Financing available for primary homes, vacation homes, and even investment homes, such as rental properties.
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
- Good credit required. You will need a credit score of at least 680 to qualify.
Louisiana Federal Home Loans Pros & Cons
louisiana home loans FAQ
What is the maximum loan term you can get with louisiana home loans?
louisiana home loans offers mortgages with terms ranging from 10 to 30 years. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your loan, the more interest you will pay.
What mortgage rates does Louisiana Federal Credit Union offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
louisiana home loans offers home loans with APRs starting at 5.00% .
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
Yes, louisiana home loans may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs are available?
Besides conventional mortgages, louisiana home loans offers the following mortgage types:
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- Jumbo loans: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency ($726,000 as of 2023).
- VA loans: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses. VA loans offer competitive mortgage rates, and don't have a minimum credit score. However, the mortgage lenders that offer them will typically require a credit score of at least 640.
What property usage types does louisiana home loans allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. louisiana home loans allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
What is the customer service phone number?
The customer service number for Louisiana Federal Home Loans is (985) 652-4990.
What is the support contact email?
The support contact email for is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Services by Louisiana Federal Credit Union
|Credit Score Range||680 -|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Joint Loan Applications Accepted||
|Minimum Down Payment||Starting at 3%|
|Verification Documents Required||
|Mortgage Features||Flexible Payments|
Starting at 5.00%
|Loan Amount||Starting at $50,000|
|Loan Term||10 - 30 years|