Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card Review
If you're wondering whether Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $5.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as
identity theft protection, price protection, and fraud protection.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still have good approval odds.
Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card Pros & Cons
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Free access to your credit score.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Charges an annual fee of up to .
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card FAQ
Is there a Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card cash back or rewards program?
No, Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card does not offer a rewards program.
What are the Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card benefits?
Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Price Protection
- Free Credit Report.
- Free Credit Report
- Cellular Telephone Protection
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card?
Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card is a charge card and therefore doesn't have interest charges. You must pay your balance in full every month.
What are the fees for Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card?
The following fees apply to Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card:
Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
Does Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card have a foreign transaction fee?
Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card
- Visit the Dollar Bank Secured Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.