MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward Review
This is a
cashback credit card
issued by MECU.
If you're wondering whether MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance cashback card. It gives you cashback on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- $0 Balance transfer fee. This card does not charge a fee on balance transfers.
After the introductory period, the fee is 0%.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 1% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as access to a concierge, emergency support,
price protection, travel assistance, and fraud protection.
- Fair or better credit required. You will have good approval odds if your credit score is above 650.
Pros & Cons of MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Has an introductory APR rate on balance transfers of 1.99%.
- No balance transfer fee.
- No annual fee.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Access to a concierge.
- Travel assistance insurance
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward is accepted.
- MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%.
MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward FAQ
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
You will receive 1% cash back on travel, dining, groceries, drugstore purchases, or any other purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $10 back in cash.
MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Emergency Support
- Zero fraud liability
- Price Protection
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
The good news is this card does not charge a penalty APR if you are late on a payment.
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 1.99%
for a period of up to 12 months.
MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Fee % After Intro Period
||Starting at 0%
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
||Starting at 8.50%
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period
This card does offer an intro APR rate of 1.99% on qualified purchases
for a period of up to 12 months.
What are the fees for MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $15
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $24
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost cashback card.
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward have a foreign transaction fee?
MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $20. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward?
The MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward customer service number is (800) 248-6328.
What is the support contact email for MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward?
The support contact email for MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward is email@example.com.
Does MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward
- Visit the MECU Visa Signature Cash Reward website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.