Mostly not recommended
Would you recommend GEICO to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
GEICO Renters Insurance Overview
GEICO was founded in 1936 by Leo and Lillian Goodwin who initially geared the company’s services to U.S. government employees, which is why GEICO stands for Government Employees Insurance Company. Today, the insurance business has a diverse customer base and offers a wide-variety of policies including auto, homeowners, rental, boat, life, business, travel and umbrella. GEICO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. and has over $32 billion in assets.
What Are GEICO Renters Insurance’s Ratings?
GEICO is highly regarded by financial institutions. The insurance company has been awarded an A++ from A.M. Best, an Aa3 from Moody’s, an AA from Standard & Poor’s and an A from the BBB.
What Coverage Does GEICO Renters Insurance Offer?
Renters insurance policies can vary, but GEICO plans can include the following types of coverage:
- Personal liability that protects you from claims made against you by others.
- Medical payments for those injured on your property.
- Living expenses if your home is destroyed.
- Personal property that’s good for basic belongings up to a certain amount.
- Additional coverage for high-value items, which can raise your rates.
- Identity protection, which is an optional product.
How Does GEICO Compare with Other Renters Insurance Companies?
GEICO is a widely-recognized insurance company that offers quick quotes and affordable plans. The business has agents located around the country and maintains an online and mobile platform so you can conveniently create and manage an account. GEICO offers flexibility with its insurance policies and has a reputation for satisfying customers.
4608 Willard Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by GEICO
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Alarm System
- Home Monitoring System
- Smoke Detectors
- Multiple Policy
- Earthquake Coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Valuable Items
- Guest Medical Protection
- Personal Property Protection
- Reimbursed Living Expenses
- Renters Liability Coverage