GEICO Travel Insurance
in Travel Insurance from GEICOUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
GEICO Travel Insurance Review
Where does GEICO Travel Insurance do business?
GEICO is a travel insurance carrier based in Chevy Chase, MD. The company was founded in 1936 and offers travel insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether GEICO Travel Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does GEICO Travel Insurance compare to other travel insurance companies?
What types of travel insurance coverage does GEICO Travel Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about travel insurance in the singular, there are more than one type of travel insurance coverage. GEICO offers the following types of travel insurance coverage:
- Single Trip: This is the basic coverage for a single, short-term trip. In most cases, this is all the coverage travelers need.
- Group Plans: If you are arranging a trip for a group of four or more people who are not elated you may want to consider this type of coverage. Group travel plans typically provide the same benefits, including the coverage amounts, as individual travel plans but at a discounted rate.
- Long-Term International Coverage: If you are planning to be abroad for more than a few months, a regular policy may not be enough. Consider purchasing a long-term international policy that offers the medical and travel assistance coverage you need.
What benefits does GEICO Travel Insurance offer?
GEICO Travel Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Free Policy Cancellation: No cancellation fees for ending your policy early.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
How does GEICO calculate rates?
Travel insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and GEICO is no exception. However, you can be confident that GEICO Travel Insurance will take into consideration the cost of your trip, your destination, the length of your trip, coverage amounts, the riders you choose to add, and the level of medical coverage selected.
Does GEICO Travel Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, travel insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are some exceptions. For instance, if you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
How can I get a GEICO Travel Insurance quote?
- Visit the GEICO website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
4608 Willard Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by GEICO
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Financial Strength Rating||
|Car Rental Insurance|
|Baggage Loss and Delay|
|Trip Interruption Coverage|