Safe Auto - Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from Safe AutoUnaffiliated
Safe Auto - Auto InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Auto Insurance from Safe Auto
Mostly not recommended
Would you recommend Safe Auto - Auto Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Safe Auto - Auto Insurance Review
Where does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance do business?
Safe Auto is an insurance carrier based in Columbus, OH. The company was founded in 1993 and offers auto insurance in 17 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether Safe Auto - Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Safe Auto - Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Safe Auto - Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, Safe Auto offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, Safe Auto - Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What discounts does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance offer?When you ask for a quote with Safe Auto - Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to auto insurance.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's a discount people often forget to ask for.
- Internal Safety Features: Safe Auto - Auto Insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Safe Auto - Auto Insurance.
How does Safe Auto calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Safe Auto is no exception. However, you can be confident that Safe Auto - Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Safe Auto - Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Safe Auto - Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the Safe Auto website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- South Carolina
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||