The Cincinnati Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from The Cincinnati Insurance CompaniesUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
The Cincinnati Auto Insurance Review
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies is a car insurance carrier based in Fairfield, OH. The insurance company was founded in 1950 and offers car insurance in 36 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether Cincinnati auto insurance is a good option for you, read on.
What types of car insurance coverage options does Cincinnati auto insurance offer?
Although we often talk about car insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage options. Cincinnati auto insurance offers the following types of car insurance coverage options:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most insurance policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Cincinnati auto insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their insurance policies:
- Accident Forgiveness: The Cincinnati Insurance Companies offers accident forgiveness, which excuses your first accident. This means no insurance rate increase, even if it's your fault.
- Travel Expenses / Trip Interruption Coverage: This coverage helps pay for non-refundable expenses if your trip is delayed or canceled due to an accident, mechanical breakdown, theft, injury, unexpected illness, or some other covered event.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Cincinnati auto insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, The Cincinnati Insurance Companies offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Cincinnati auto insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, Cincinnati auto insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does Cincinnati auto insurance offer?
Cincinnati auto insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What insurance discounts does Cincinnati auto insurance offer?When you ask for an insurance quote with Cincinnati auto insurance, make sure you ask for all the insurance discounts you qualify for. These are the insurance discounts currently available that are specific to car insurance.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's an insurance discount people often forget to ask for.
- Internal Safety Features: Cincinnati auto insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger an inurance discount.
Want more insurance discounts? Check the insurance discounts tab for a full list of general policy insurance discounts you can qualify for with Cincinnati auto insurance.
How does The Cincinnati Insurance Companies calculate insurance rates?
Car insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and The Cincinnati Insurance Companies is no exception. However, you can be confident that Cincinnati auto insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Cincinnati auto insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, a car insurance company will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, a car insurance company is not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of car insurance companies that base their insurance rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Cincinnati auto insurance insurance quote
- Visit the The Cincinnati Insurance Companies website.
- Fill out the insurance online quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
Other Services by The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|