The Cincinnati Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from The Cincinnati Insurance CompaniesUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
The Cincinnati Auto Insurance Review
Where does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance do business?
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies is an insurance carrier based in Fairfield, OH. The company was founded in 1950 and offers auto insurance in 36 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether The Cincinnati Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
The Cincinnati Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Accident Forgiveness: This auto insurance rider helps you avoid a rate increase after the first accident where you are at fault. Some carriers pass on this benefit to other drivers on your policy, such as your teenage children. Check with The Cincinnati Auto Insurance to see if this rider is available in your area as it is not available in all states.
- Travel Expenses / Trip Interruption Coverage: This coverage helps pay for non-refundable expenses if your trip is delayed or canceled due to an accident, mechanical breakdown, theft, injury, unexpected illness, or some other covered event.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, The Cincinnati Insurance Companies offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, The Cincinnati Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offer?
The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What discounts does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offer?When you ask for a quote with The Cincinnati Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to auto insurance.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's a discount people often forget to ask for.
- Internal Safety Features: The Cincinnati Auto Insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with The Cincinnati Auto Insurance.
How does The Cincinnati Insurance Companies calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and The Cincinnati Insurance Companies is no exception. However, you can be confident that The Cincinnati Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does The Cincinnati Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a The Cincinnati Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the The Cincinnati Insurance Companies website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
6200 S. Gilmore Road
Fairfield, OH 45014 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||