Safeway Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from Safeway Insurance GroupUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Safeway Auto Insurance Review
Where does Safeway Auto Insurance do business?
Safeway Insurance Group is an insurance carrier based in Westmont, IL. The company was founded in 1959 and offers auto insurance in 12 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether Safeway Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does Safeway Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does Safeway Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Safeway Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Does Safeway Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?No, Safeway Insurance Group does not have roadside assistace.
Does Safeway Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, Safeway Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does Safeway Auto Insurance offer?
Safeway Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
How does Safeway Insurance Group calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Safeway Insurance Group is no exception. However, you can be confident that Safeway Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Safeway Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Safeway Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the Safeway Insurance Group website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- New Mexico
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
|Carrier Features||Locally Available Agents|