First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking Review
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking is offered by First Mid Bank & Trust,
founded in 1934 and based in Mattoon, IL.
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking is available in
2 states across the USA.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $3, but there are ways to waive the fee.
- Free bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through First Mid Bank & Trust.
- Hard credit pull. First Mid Bank & Trust may require a hard pull on your credit report to open a checking account.
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking Pros & Cons
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Does not earn interest.
- Only available in 2 states.
- Monthly service charge.
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from First Mid Bank & Trust federally insured?
Yes, your First Mid Bank & Trust checking accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #3705). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking offer?
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking is not an interest bearing account.
What are the account minimums for First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking?
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $50 to open an account.
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
What fees does First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking charge?
This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $3.
First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Bank Teller Fee
|Check Cashing Fee
||$0 - $3
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Paper Statement Fee
Does First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking charge overdraft fees?
What features and perks does First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - First Mid Bank & Trust Basic Checking allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.