LAFCU Simple VISA Review
This is a
issued by LAFCU.
If you're wondering whether LAFCU Simple VISA is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Competitive APRs. LAFCU Simple VISA has a
that ranges from
up to 17.23%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance card. It gives you the benefits of a credit card, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- $0 Balance transfer fee. This card does not charge a fee on balance transfers.
After the introductory period, the fee is 0%.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 1% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 680.
Pros & Cons of LAFCU Simple VISA
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Has an introductory APR rate on balance transfers of 2.99%.
- No balance transfer fee.
- No annual fee.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Travel accident insurance.
- LAFCU Simple VISA reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
LAFCU Simple VISA FAQ
Does LAFCU Simple VISA have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the LAFCU Simple VISA benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for LAFCU Simple VISA?
Issuer does not publicly disclose rates. Please see the issuer's application page or contact them directly for rate and fee information.
Does LAFCU Simple VISA have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 2.99%
for a period of up to 12 months.
LAFCU Simple VISA Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Fee % After Intro Period
||Starting at 0%
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
||8.49% - 17.23%
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does LAFCU Simple VISA have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for LAFCU Simple VISA?
The following fees apply:
LAFCU Simple VISA Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $25
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost card.
Does LAFCU Simple VISA have a foreign transaction fee?
LAFCU Simple VISA charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $20. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for LAFCU Simple VISA?
The LAFCU Simple VISA customer service number is (517) 622-6600.
Does LAFCU Simple VISA report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, LAFCU Simple VISA reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for LAFCU Simple VISA
- Visit the LAFCU Simple VISA website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.