|APY Minimum Balance||N/A|
SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account Review
SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account is offered by SunTrust Bank, a bank founded in 1865 and based in Atlanta, GA. SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account is offered in 11 states (and Washington, DC).
Are savings accounts from SunTrust Bank federally insured?
Yes, your SunTrust Bank savings accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does SunTrust Bank offer?
SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account offers an APY of 0.01% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
What features and perks does SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
|Bank Account Features||
- Automatic savings - Set up an automatic transfer from your checking account to a savings account and you'll never have to second-guess your saving decisions again.
- Check images with statement - Reconciling your accounts and complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks.
- Fraud monitoring - SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to receive ebills directly to your account and pay them easily from your account.
What fees does SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account charge?
SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee. See the fee breakdown section below to view all fees.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $25 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $50 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account charges a $25 fee for an early account closure. Contact SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account for more details on what is considered an early closure.
- SunTrust Bank Essential Savings Account charges $3 every time you request a paper statement.
303 Peachtree Street, Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by SunTrust Bank
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
|Early Account Closure||$25|
|International ATM Surcharge||$5|
|Paper Statement Fee||$3|
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)||$36|
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)||$25|
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)||$50|
|Bauer Financial A+/A Rating|
|Bank Account Features||
SunTrust Bank Savings Accounts
APY Minimum Balance
Be the first to rate