Would you recommend Nationwide to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does Nationwide do business?
Nationwide is an insurance carrier based in Columbus, OH. The company was founded in 1926 and offers auto insurance in 46 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of auto insurance coverage does Nationwide offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Nationwide offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Nationwide customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Accident Forgiveness: This auto insurance rider helps you avoid a rate increase after the first accident where you are at fault. Some carriers pass on this benefit to other drivers on your policy, such as your teenage children. Check with Nationwide to see if this rider is available in your area as it is not available in all states.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy is designed for people who drive a vehicle they don't own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their personal vehicles for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover rental vehicles.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
What benefits does Nationwide offer?
Nationwide offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Nationwide?
When you ask for a quote with Nationwide, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to boat insurance.
- Internal Safety Features: Nationwide offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
- Low Annual Mileage: If you don't put many miles on your car (typically under 15,000 miles a year) you may qualify for a discount.
- New Vehicle: If you buy a current year or previous year model, you will qualify for a juicy discount on your premium.
- Telematics Device (Usage-Based Insurance): You can qualify for a discount if you agree to install a sensor that records your driving habits.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Nationwide.
One Nationwide Plaza
Columbus, OH 43215 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Nationwide
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Anti-Theft Devices
- Internal Safety Features (Air Bags / Seat Belts)
- Low Annual Mileage
- New Vehicle
- Telematics Device (UBI)
- Advance Purchase / Early Shopper
- Affinity Relationship
- Claims Free
- Defensive Driver / Safety Course
- Family Plans
- Full Payment
- Good Student
- Loyalty / Long-Term Customer
- Multiple Policy
- Multiple Vehicles
- Paperless Billing / e-billing
- Student Away at School
- Bodily Injury Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist
- Underinsured Motorist
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- 24/7 Phone Availability
- Locally Available Agents
- Free Policy Cancellation
- Digital Claims Reporting
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network