Nationwide Travel Insurance
in Travel Insurance from NationwideUnaffiliated
Nationwide Travel InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Travel Insurance from Nationwide
Would you recommend Nationwide Travel Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Community Rating||Mostly recommended|
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Nationwide Travel Insurance Review
Where does Nationwide Travel Insurance do business?
Nationwide is a travel insurance carrier based in Columbus, OH. The company was founded in 1926 and offers travel insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether Nationwide Travel Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does Nationwide Travel Insurance compare to other travel insurance companies?
What types of travel insurance coverage does Nationwide Travel Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about travel insurance in the singular, there are more than one type of travel insurance coverage. Nationwide offers the following types of travel insurance coverage:
- Single Trip: This is the basic coverage for a single, short-term trip. In most cases, this is all the coverage travelers need.
- Annual Coverage: Frequent travelers may benefit from purchasing ongoing coverage instead of getting insurance for each trip.
- Group Plans: If you are arranging a trip for a group of four or more people who are not elated you may want to consider this type of coverage. Group travel plans typically provide the same benefits, including the coverage amounts, as individual travel plans but at a discounted rate.
- Long-Term International Coverage: If you are planning to be abroad for more than a few months, a regular policy may not be enough. Consider purchasing a long-term international policy that offers the medical and travel assistance coverage you need.
What benefits does Nationwide Travel Insurance offer?
Nationwide Travel Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
How does Nationwide calculate rates?
Travel insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Nationwide is no exception. However, you can be confident that Nationwide Travel Insurance will take into consideration the cost of your trip, your destination, the length of your trip, coverage amounts, the riders you choose to add, and the level of medical coverage selected.
Does Nationwide Travel Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, travel insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are some exceptions. For instance, if you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
How can I get a Nationwide Travel Insurance quote?
- Visit the Nationwide website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
One Nationwide Plaza
Columbus, OH 43215 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Nationwide
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Financial Strength Rating||
|Car Rental Insurance|
|Trip Interruption Coverage|
|Baggage Loss and Delay|