City Bank Simple Checking Review
City Bank Simple Checking is offered by City Bank,
a credit union
founded in 1941 and based in Lubbock, TX.
City Bank Simple Checking is available in
2 states across the USA.
- 0% APY. As with most checking accounts, City Bank Simple Checking does not pay interest.
- $0 monthly account fees available. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $5.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through City Bank.
City Bank Simple Checking Pros & Cons
- Monthly service fee waived (see terms for requirements).
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card and the option to lock/unlock the card if lost or stolen
- No signup bonus.
- Does not earn interest
- Does not provide access to a nationwide ATM network.
- Only available in 2 states.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
- Charges a fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
City Bank Simple Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from City Bank federally insured?
Yes, your deposits are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #25103). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does City Bank Simple Checking offer?
City Bank Simple Checking is not an interest-bearing account.
What are the account minimums for City Bank Simple Checking?
City Bank Simple Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $50 to open an account.
City Bank Simple Checking Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $50
What fees does City Bank Simple Checking charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
City Bank Simple Checking Fees
||$0 - $5
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $1.50
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Early Account Closure
Does City Bank Simple Checking charge overdraft fees?
Yes, City Bank Simple Checking charges a $33 fee for every overdraft.
You can get overdraft protection at a cost of $5 per transaction.
What features and perks does City Bank Simple Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - City Bank Simple Checking monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - City Bank Simple Checking allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
What is the customer support email for City Bank Simple Checking?
The customer support email for City Bank Simple Checking is firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.