PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking AccountUnaffiliated
Strongly not recommended
Would you recommend PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account do business?
PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account is a credit union based in Alexandria, VA. It was founded in 1935 and offers checking accounts services in 50 states (and Washington, DC).PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account is not a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). This means your deposits are not covered by the FDIC if PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account were to fall into financial difficulties.
What APY does PenFed Credit Union offer?
PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account offers an APY starting at .20% and ranging up to .50% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). However, to earn interest you must keep a minimum balance of $20000.
What features and perks does PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Mobile Banking - PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account allows you to manage your money on the go without ever having to step in a brick-and-mortar bank. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What fees does PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account charge?
The good news is that this account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $20 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $30 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- PenFed Federal Credit Union Checking Account charges $1.5 every time you request a paper statement.
- Every returned deposit incurs in a $1.5 charge.
Other Services by PenFed Credit Union
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|APY Minimum Balance||$20,000|
|Minimum Initial Deposit||$25|
|Minimum Combined Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee||$500|
|Minimum Direct Deposit to Avoid Monthly Fee||$500|
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)||$0|
|Early Account Closure||$0|
|Debit Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Online Bill Pay Fee||$0|
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)||$0|
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)||$0|
|Monthly Fee||$0 - $10|
|Paper Statement Fee||$1.50|
|ATM Fee: In-Network||$1.50|
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network||$3|
|Overdraft Item Fee||$30|
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)||$5|
|Stop Payment Fee||$15|
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)||2%|
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)||$20|
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)||$30|
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)||$5|
|Bank Account Features||
|APY||0.2% - 0.5%|