Where does Regions Bank do business?
Regions Bank is a a bank based in Huntsville, AL. Founded in 1873, Regions Bank Checking Account is available in 15 states across the USA.
What interest rate does this checking account offer?
Regions Bank Checking Account offers an annual percentage yield of 0.01%. This is lower than the typical APY for online-only checking accounts, which is around 1% APY.
What features does Regions Bank Checking Account offer?
Looking at the APY is a useful way of comparing checking accounts. However, the features and perks included in a checking account are just as important to accountholders. Here are the main features offered by this account.
- Financial Strength Rating of A/A+: The best rates and features in the world are worthless if they are not backed by a strong and stable financial institution. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is a composite of the leading risk rating scores available for this company.
- Certificates of Deposit: Regions Bank Checking Account offers access to certificates of deposit, which can provide a higher rate of return on savings than a regular checking account.
- Debit Card: Debit cards come with many of the benefits of credit cards without the interest rates. Many frugal consumers prefer debit cards because they have few or no fees, as long as you don't spend more than you have in their account.
- FDIC Member: This means your account is insured by the FDIC for up to $250,000.
Is there a signup bonus for new customers?
No Regions Bank does not report financial activity to credit bureaus..
What fees does Regions Bank Checking Account charge?
Fees are another important consideration when choosing a checking account. These are the fees you should keep in mind when applying for this account:
Bank Transfer: (International): Sending money to an account in another country will cost you around $45. It is usually cheaper and faster to use a company that specializes in international money transfers.
Bank Transfer: (National): National wire transfers come with a $25 fee.
Early Account Closure: If you close your account before the minimum period you will have to pay a $25 fee to cover the opening costs incurred by the bank.
Out-of-Network ATM Fee: Using an ATM that is not part of your bank or credit union's network will cost you $2.5 per transaction.
NSF Fee: If you bounce a check you will be hit with a $36 charge.
Overdraft Item Fee: If you don't have enough money to cover a transaction, Regions Bank may pay for it anyway but you will be charged with $36 per transaction.
Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer): This checking account can be linked to a secondary account, such as a savings or money market account, which Regions Bank uses when you don't have sufficient funds to cover a transaction. The catch is there a $15 fee per transaction.
Paper Statement Fee: Receiving a paper statement from your bank will cost you $3. You can usually avoid this fee opting out of paper statements.
Returned Deposit Fee: If you deposit a check and it is returned because there are insufficient funds in the account, you will be charged a $15 fee.
Stop Payment Fee: If you ask Regions Bank to cancel a check or a recurring payment, it will cost you $36.
What do you need to qualify for a Regions Bank Checking Account?
Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents can apply for a Regions Bank Checking Account.
To qualify, applicants may need to provide the following documentation:
Which credit bureaus does Regions Bank report to?
Regions Bankreports credit data to the following credit reporting agencies:
Some banks and credit unions do not report to credit bureaus because of the cost and complications involved. All things being equal, it is a good idea to choose a checking account that reports your transactions to credit bureaus.
700 Airport Rd
Huntsville, AL 35802 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Regions Bank
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. Permanent Resident
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Debit Card
- FDIC Member