TCF Free Student Checking Review
TCF Free Student Checking is offered by TCF Bank,
founded in 1923 and based in Sioux Falls, SD.
TCF Free Student Checking is available in
50 states (and Washington, DC).
- $0 monthly fee. This account does not charge a monthly Service Charge.
- No ATM fees. TCF Free Student Checking does not charge fees on ATM transactions within its network but there is a fee of up to $3 for out-of-network ATM transactions.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through TCF Bank.
TCF Free Student checking account Pros & Cons
- Free withdrawals at TCF ATMs
- VISA debit card.
- No monthly fee.
- Available in all 50 states.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- No signup bonus.
- Does not earn interest.
- Does not offer mobile check deposits.
- Does not provide access to a nationwide ATM network.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Charges a higher than average fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
TCF Free Student checking account FAQ
Are checking accounts from TCF Bank federally insured?
Yes, this account is insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does TCF Free Student checking account offer?
TCF Free Student checking account is not an interest bearing account.
What are the account minimums for TCF Free Student checking account?
TCF Free Student checking account requires a minimum initial deposit of $25 to open an account.
TCF Free Student Checking Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $25
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
||Starting at $0
What fees does TCF Free Student checking account charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
TCF Free Student Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Early Account Closure
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $3
Does TCF Free Student checking account charge overdraft fees?
No, TCF Free Student checking account does not charge overdraft fees.
TCF Free Student checking account offers overdraft protection at a cost of $10 per transaction.
What features and perks does TCF Free Student checking account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - TCF Free Student checking account monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - TCF Free Student checking account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app.
What is the customer support email for TCF Free Student checking account?
The customer support email for TCF Free Student checking account is email@example.com.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.