Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance
in Life Insurance from Northwestern MutualUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Review
Where does Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance do business?
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Milwaukee, WI. The company was founded in 1857 and offers life insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC). Life insurance is important for anyone who has loved who depend on them financially. It can also help with final expenses and burial costs.
What types of life insurance coverage does Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance offer?
Insurance carries typically offer a wide variety of policies. One of the best ways to save money on life insurance is to avoid unnecessary coverage. Only purchase policies and riders you actually need.
Here is a brief description of the coverage Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance offers.
- Term Life Insurance - This is the simplest type of life insurance. It is payable if the insured person dies within a specific period of time, such as 5, 10, or 30 years.
- Whole Life Insurance - Whole life insurance policies remain in force for the entire life of the policyholder provided premiums are paid.
- Universal Life Insurance - This type of policy guarantees a fixed death benefit and an investment account. The cash value of the investment account will vary depending on the portfolio's performance.
- Variable Universal Life Insurance - Provides the most flexibility when it comes to investing the cash value of a universal life policy in separate accounts with "variable" values.
- Single Premium Whole Life Insurance - The policyholder makes one large payment that guarantees a death benefit without the need of further premiums.
As well as the basic coverage types mentioned above, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance also offers the following policies:
- Group Life Insurance - Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance offers some of its policies as a group benefit to employees who meet certain eligibility requirements, such as having worked for a month in the company. Typically, these policies can only be adjusted or purchased after a qualifying life event, such as marriage or the birth of a child, or during an open enrollment period.
How can you save money on a Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance life insurance policy?
When you ask for a quote with Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance, ask what policy discounts are available.
What is the financial strength rating of Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance?The financial strength rating of a life insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies.
Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy.
There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score from available ratings.
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance scores an A+, SuperMoney's highest available rating.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia