BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Review
If you're wondering whether BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 12 months, which is the average period for 0% APR balance transfer cards.
- 0% APR on new purchases. New cardholders receive an introductory 0% APR rate on new purchases for up to 12 months.
- Competitive APRs. BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards has a
that ranges from
up to 24.49%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance rewards card. It gives you rewards on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards charges a fee of up to 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost up to $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Very good credit required. Applicants will typically need a credit score of at least 740 to qualify.
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Pros & Cons
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months.
- 0% APR on new purchases during the first 12 months.
- No annual fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards is accepted.
- BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards FAQ
Is there a BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards cash back or rewards program?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchase as a cash reward.
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Rewards
|Rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards have a signup bonus?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards offer an annual loyalty bonus?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards benefits?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards provides the following benefits:
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards is a charge card and therefore doesn't have interest charges. You must pay your balance in full every month.
What are the fees for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards?
The following fees apply to BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards:
- There is no overlimit fee
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards have a foreign transaction fee?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards
- Visit the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.