BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Review
If you're wondering whether BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
rewards rate of up to 3x.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 12 months, which is the average period for 0% APR balance transfer cards.
- 0% APR on new purchases. New cardholders receive an introductory 0% APR rate on new purchases for up to 12 months.
- Competitive APRs. BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards has a
that ranges from
up to 22.24%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance cashback card. It gives you cashback on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Gas rewards.
Up to 3% cashback
on eligible gas purchases.
- Very good credit required. Applicants will typically need a credit score of at least 740 to have good approval odds.
Pros & Cons of BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months.
- 0% APR on new purchases during the first 12 months.
- No annual fee.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards FAQ
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
You will receive 1% cash back on travel, dining, groceries, drugstore purchases, or any other purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $10 back in cash.
However, you can earn up to 3% for purchases in a bonus category.
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards?
This is a charge card and therefore doesn't have a regular APR or interest charges. You must pay your balance in full every month.
What are the fees for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $38
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost cashback card.
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards have a foreign transaction fee?
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards?
The BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards customer service number is (336) 733-3300.
What is the support contact email for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards?
The support contact email for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards is ClientResolution@Truist.com.
Does BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards
- Visit the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.