Alfa Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from Alfa InsuranceUnaffiliated
Alfa Auto InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Auto Insurance from Alfa Insurance
Strongly not recommended
Would you recommend Alfa Auto Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Community Rating||Strongly not recommended|
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Alfa Auto Insurance Review
Where does Alfa Auto Insurance do business?
Alfa Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Brentwood, TN. The company was founded in 1946 and offers auto insurance in 12 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether Alfa Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does Alfa Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does Alfa Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Alfa Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Alfa Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Transportation Network Company or ride-sharing coverage: Standard auto policies don't provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft. This endorsement covers this gap.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy is designed for people who drive a vehicle they don't own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their personal vehicles for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover rental vehicles.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: If your vehicle is protected by mechanical breakdown insurance the costs of repairs (not including maintenance or normal wear and tear) are covered by your policy. However, you will need to obtain authorization from your insurance company first.
Does Alfa Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, Alfa Insurance offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Alfa Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?Ridesharing coverage available. : Yes, Alfa Auto Insurance offers ridesharing insurance to policyholders as a rider or endorsement. Standard auto policies don't provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft.
What benefits does Alfa Auto Insurance offer?
Alfa Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What discounts does Alfa Auto Insurance offer?When you ask for a quote with Alfa Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to auto insurance.
- Internal Safety Features: Alfa Auto Insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Alfa Auto Insurance.
How does Alfa Insurance calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Alfa Insurance is no exception. However, you can be confident that Alfa Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Alfa Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Alfa Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the Alfa Insurance website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- North Carolina
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||