in Boaters Insurance from Hometown Insurance Agency IncUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||N/A|
Hometown Boat Insurance Review
Hometown Boat Insurance is an insurance carrier with headquarters in WINCHESTER, VA. The company was established in 1963 and offers boat insurance in 1 state in the USA.
What types of boat insurance coverage does Hometown Boat Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Hometown Boat Insurance offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
Hometown Boat Insurance also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
What is the financial strength rating of Hometown Boat Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
SuperMoney does not have enough data to provide a financial rating for Hometown Boat Insurance.
Other Services by Hometown Insurance Agency Inc
|Boaters Insurance||Wreckage Removal|
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||