|Financial Strength Rating||A|
MAPFRE Travel Insurance Review
MAPFRE Insurance is a travel insurance carrier based in Webster, MA. The company was founded in 1933 and offers travel insurance in state in the USA.
If you're considering whether MAPFRE Travel Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
What types of travel insurance coverage does MAPFRE Travel Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about travel insurance in the singular, there are more than one type of travel insurance coverage. MAPFRE Insurance offers the following types of travel insurance coverage:
- Single Trip: This is the basic coverage for a single, short-term trip. In most cases, this is all the coverage travelers need.
- Annual Coverage: Frequent travelers may benefit from purchasing ongoing coverage instead of getting insurance for each trip.
- Group Plans: If you are arranging a trip for a group of four or more people who are not elated you may want to consider this type of coverage. Group travel plans typically provide the same benefits, including the coverage amounts, as individual travel plans but at a discounted rate.
- Long-Term International Coverage: If you are planning to be abroad for more than a few months, a regular policy may not be enough. Consider purchasing a long-term international policy that offers the medical and travel assistance coverage you need.
What benefits does MAPFRE Travel Insurance offer?
MAPFRE Travel Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Free Policy Cancellation: No cancellation fees for ending your policy early.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What discounts does MAPFRE Travel Insurance offer?When you ask for a quote with MAPFRE Travel Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available for MAPFRE Insurance policyholders.
|Policy Discounts||Family Plans|
How does MAPFRE Insurance calculate rates?
Travel insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and MAPFRE Insurance is no exception. However, you can be confident that MAPFRE Travel Insurance will take into consideration the cost of your trip, your destination, the length of your trip, coverage amounts, the riders you choose to add, and the level of medical coverage selected.
Does MAPFRE Travel Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, travel insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are some exceptions. For instance, if you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
How can I get a MAPFRE Travel Insurance quote?
- Visit the MAPFRE Insurance website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
Other Services by MAPFRE Insurance
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend MAPFRE Travel Insurance to your friends?