USAA Travel Insurance Review
Where does USAA Travel Insurance do business?
USAA is a travel insurance carrier based in San Antonio, TX. The company was founded in 1922 and offers travel insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether USAA Travel Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does USAA Travel Insurance compare to other travel insurance companies?
Pros & Cons of USAA Travel Insurance
24/7 Phone availability
Locally available agents
Digital claims reporting
Wide selection of specialized travel insurance riders
No free policy cancellation
Not many policy discounts available
What types of travel insurance coverage does USAA Travel Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about travel insurance in the singular, there are more than one type of travel insurance coverage.
USAA offers the following types of travel insurance coverage:
- Single Trip: This is the basic coverage for a single, short-term trip. In most cases, this is all the coverage travelers need.
- Annual Coverage: Frequent travelers may benefit from purchasing ongoing coverage instead of getting insurance for each trip.
- Group Plans: If you are arranging a trip for a group of four or more people who are not elated you may want to consider this type of coverage. Group travel plans typically provide the same benefits, including the coverage amounts, as individual travel plans but at a discounted rate.
- Long-Term International Coverage: If you are planning to be abroad for more than a few months, a regular policy may not be enough. Consider purchasing a long-term international policy that offers the medical and travel assistance coverage you need.
What benefits does USAA Travel Insurance offer?
USAA Travel Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
What discounts does USAA Travel Insurance offer?
When you ask for a quote with USAA Travel Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available for USAA policyholders.
USAA Travel Insurance Discounts
How does USAA calculate rates?
Travel insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and USAA is no exception. However, you can be confident that USAA Travel Insurance will take into consideration the cost of your trip, your destination, the length of your trip, coverage amounts, the riders you choose to add, and the level of medical coverage selected.
Does USAA Travel Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, travel insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are some exceptions. For instance, if you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
How can I get a USAA Travel Insurance quote?
- Visit the USAA website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
SUPERMONEY Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.