|Financial Strength Rating||B+|
California Casualty Boaters Insurance Review
California Casualty Boaters Insurance is an insurance carrier with headquarters in San Mateo, CA. The company was established in 1914 and offers boat insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
California Casualty Boaters Insurance FAQ
What types of boat insurance coverage does California Casualty Boaters Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about boat insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. California Casualty Boaters Insurance offers the following types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another boat or property when at fault in an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your boat after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you to buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your boat is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Salvage/Wreckage Removal: Some standard insurance policies will subtract salvage costs from the insured value of the boat or only offer a small percentage of the coverage amount for salvage. This endorsement protects from the specific costs and liability that go with a wreckage or salvage.
California Casualty Boaters Insurance also provides access to the following endorsements:
- Fishing Equipment and Carry-On Items: Add replacement coverage for fishing rods, reels, and tackle boxes. You can also add personal effects coverage for items you carry on your boat, such as phones and SCUBA gear. Items are covered if they’re damaged, stolen or fall off your boat.
- Total Loss Replacement: If it's a total loss, this policy will pay you based on the agreed value, actual cash value or the replacement cost value.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
- Accident Forgiveness: This insurance rider helps you avoid a rate increase after the first accident where you are at fault. Check with California Casualty Boaters Insurance to see if this rider is available in your area as it is not available in all states.
What is the financial strength rating of California Casualty Boaters Insurance?
The financial strength rating of an insurance company scores its ability to pay contracts and policies. Each agency has its own standards and rating scale and a company's rating can change any day. It's a good idea to check the financial rating of an insurance company before you purchase a policy. There are five main rating agencies. SuperMoney's financial strength rating is based, among other factors, on the average score of available ratings.
California Casualty Boaters Insurance scores a B+. Companies with this rating show a good ability to pay for their insurance obligations.
Message From California Casualty Boaters Insurance
Other Services by California Casualty
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
|Boaters Insurance||Wreckage Removal|
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Boaters Policy Endorsements||
|Vehicle Policy Endorsements||
|Financial Strength Rating||B+|
|Emergency Roadside Assistance|
|On-Water Towing and Labor|